Whether you're creating a logo for your new business or considering a brand redesign, you need to make sure your logo is perfect for your organization. Stick with our guidance and you'll be on track to designing an outstanding logo.
How To Ace Your Logo Design In Denver
"The right logo says everything without saying a word" (Forbes). Your logo is the first tangible representation of your brand that consumers interact with. It establishes a connection with consumers and conveys key values and characteristics about your business. Essentially, your logo directly influences how your company is perceived and whether consumers will want to work with your business.
For those reasons, you need to approach your logo creation in Denver strategically and think through crucial design considerations. These include:
- Developing a clear understanding of your business - What services/products do you offer? Do you have established core values? Where do you see your business going in the next 5 years?
- Knowing your target audience - What is your niche? How well-defined is your target market?
- Identifying your business influences - Are there any specific influences for your company? What motivated you to start your brand? And what images or ideas do you want your logo to conjure up?
- And uncovering your key differentiations - What makes your brand stand out from the competition? Why should a consumer work with your business over others?
As an expert branding agency in Denver, we believe that an effective brand must (1) be authentic, (2) be consistent, (3) be unique, (4) communicate your value, and (5) make a promise to your customers. Your logo is a key part of your branding, so it needs to follow through on those core elements.
What Great Logo Designs Have In Common
Think about the most iconic logos of all time: Nike, Twitter, Apple, Target, Disney, and so on. What do they all have in common? They're distinctive, simple, descriptive, and timeless.
Iconic logos are not easy to create. But, these industry-leading companies have methodically thought through all the essential considerations and key design steps for their logos. Of course, some of these companies have been around longer and haven't needed to redesign their branding.
That said, these entities still took their time with the logo design process, approached it strategically, and considered:
- What they wanted their company to represent
- Who would be their target consumers
- How they want their customers to feel when they see their brand
At the end of the day, great logos need two things: (1) a great concept and (2) great execution.
However, that simplified design process is often easier said than done.
What Makes A Bad Logo?
For every iconic logo, there are a thousand bad logos. And believe us, you've seen plenty of bad logos throughout your life. You just don't remember all of them because they weren't crisp, memorable, or distinctive.
As mentioned earlier, a logo is the first tangible representation of your brand, and it should be descriptive and easy to recognize.
A bad logo will be a poor representation of the brand and will likely have numerous unattractive qualities. In general, bad logos are:
- Overly complex
- Difficult to view or read (due to poor color choices, hard fonts, etc.)
- Confusing or disorienting
- Too similar to others
- Too trendy or reliant on cliché designs
- Not versatile
- Not connected with the rest of your visual identity
- Lacking design basics (e.g., wrong font manipulations, wrong color combinations, etc.)
Most of the time, bad logos are created by inexperienced designers. When it comes to logo design, it's wiser to rely on the expert services of an experienced graphic design professional.
Discover Your Exceptional Logo Design In Denver With FiG
Your branding is incredibly important, and your logo is the centerpiece of your brand. If you want a logo design that is impactful, memorable, and timeless, you've come to the right place.
At Real FiG Advertising + Marketing, we have been designing and upgrading logos for over 12 years. Our design team takes a strategic multi-step approach to brand development that is highly collaborative and iterative. We'll work closely with you as we explore creative concepts, imagery, and logo mockups to develop the ideal design for your business.
Contact Real FiG Advertising + Marketing today to learn how we can upgrade your logo design in Denver.